Monday, January 3, 2011

Drops from 2010

2010 has been and incredible year.  The past several New Years I have been so discouraged because it has felt like nothing of any significance has happened, no great lessons have been learned, no great achievements have been made.  December 31, 2010 segued into 2010 quietly still, but as I drifted off to sleep early on January 1, 2011 my heart overflowed with joy because of the gifts and lessons of the past year.  Nothing extraordinary happened in my life, no great message from the Father was blazoned across the sky of my existence this past year, no goals were really reached, no major life changes implemented, and yet my heart was so full.  These are the top ten realizations of 2010:

1.  I am an artist, and there is no fear in embracing it.

2.  As a daughter of the High King of heaven, I have a purpose in each day, no matter how mundane or stressful.

3.  Everything in moderation

4.  The Father's timing is perfect.

5.  Lack of time should never be an excuse.

6.  Relationships of every kind are difficult and full or hard work, but worth each tear shed, each prayer whispered in the dark and each gesture of kindness and love.

7.  Though I by nature abhor confrontation, I am called to battle evil and wickedness in the world, complacency in my own heart and charged to be a loving voice of wisdom and discernment for those I call friend.

8.  As long as there is a desire to grow in the Lord there will be growth.

9.  Just because the feeling is not present does not mean there can not be the action that is supposed to be prompted by the absent feeling.

10.  Reality is better than any dream, wish or fantasy.

Resolutions:

1.  Memorize 1, 2 and 3 John.

2.  Get involved in a church.

3.  Finish The Guardian

4.  Finish they lyrics for Destiny's Knot

5.  Love more, serve more, pray more...

Blessings in 2011.

-Raine

2 comments:

  1. Regarding #10: False. Especially when your dreams, wishes, and/or fantasies end up coming true... because then it's usually just a huge letdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that is not always true for you, William

    ReplyDelete